Plank Pose is a basic level yoga pose.
How to Perform Plank Pose
1. Starting from Table Top position, flat back neck and spine inline. Making sure the hands are directly under the shoulders and knees under the hips. Feet inline and toes pointing back.
2. Step the right foot back followed by the left making sure the toes are grounded. Lengthen out both legs.
3. Pull in the abdominals to the back of the spine. Straighten out a firm hold in the legs. Draw back the heels. Gaze is to the mat.
4. Pushing through the arms so they are straight and hands are evenly spread so all fingers are supporting you on the mat to make a good foundation. Neck and spine inline.
5. Buttocks down.
6. Drawing the shoulders away from the ears.
7. Hold for 5-7 breaths. Build up the holding time to your own liking.
8. Release your self into Downward Facing Dog peddle out the feet or lower into Extended Childs Pose for 5-7 breaths.
You can move from Plank Pose into Downward Facing Dog.
You can move from Table Top into Plank Pose.
- Core strength
- Body tone
- Strengthens your arms, wrists, spine, back, abdominals and quads
- Centers the mind
- Brings awareness of breath
‘Do Yoga and Enjoy Life!’